Sunday, January 15, 2012

Playoffs - Divisional Round - Sunday

Houston at Baltimore

I like Houston. Last week they upset a good but young Bengals team that was having a really good season. Arian Foster ran for over 150 yards, and Yates did a good job at keeping possession. The Texans defense picked off Andy Dalton three times, and made sure that the offense had more than enough chances to put the game away. I think Arian Foster is good enough to carry this team on his back and the depth at running back provides him with the ability to take a play or two off when he needs to. If Baltimore wants to win they are going to have to slow down Foster and capitalize on the offenses possessions that they have. They’re going to rely on Ray Rice to carry their team, but I think Flacco is going to have a disastrous turnover or two. The Ravens defense is arguably one of the best and most frightening in the league, especially when they play at home. They’re going to need everyone to step up if they want to shut down Foster.

I don’t think Flacco has what it takes to pass over this Texans team, and the game is going to have to go through Rice if they want to win. However I think that Houston prepares for this well and shuts down the Ravens offense. Baltimore is going to need their defense to win this one.

Houston wins on the road 24-17

New York Giants at Green Bay

The Giants are healthy, strong, and vicious. They took a good Falcons offense and made them look like Pop Warner players. The defensive front was on fire, and made Turner, Ryan, and the offensive line for the Falcons look horrendous. Eli Manning played a good game hitting the receivers that were open, and Bradshaw and Jacobs rotated perfectly. The Giants are going to need to click on all cylinders to upset the nearly perfect Packers. Green Bay is Green Bay. We all know what they’ve done this season, and who they’ve done it with. The last time these two teams met it took the final seconds and an incredibly Rodgers comeback for the Packers to avoid defeat. Since that game Green Bay has had some more weapons step up. Jones and Nelson have been on fire in their final few games, and with Jennings coming back Rodgers will be more comfortable than ever.

I think that’s where New York steps in though. They are going to disrupt Rodgers how comfortable the pocket is, and take away the dump routes. I think the Giants pass rush is finally completely healthy, and finally completely there; and it couldn’t have happened at a better time. I think the monsters that are the front line for the Giants bust through that line repeatedly and disrupt everything Rodgers has done all season.

New York wins in a shocker 28-24

No comments:

Post a Comment