Sunday, January 8, 2012

Playoffs - Wild Card - Sunday

New York Giants at Atlanta

New York is getting all of their players back at just the right time. Somehow that team has found a way to get all of their pass rushers back for this week, Ahmad Bradshaw is healthy again, and this team is looking a little bit dangerous again. With a great duo of receivers in Nicks and Cruz expect Eli to spread the ball and take the deep pass a few times. On the other side of the ball we have yet another explosive NFC Offense. Matt Ryan has got not just Roddy White to go deep for him now, but Julio Jones too. With Michael Turner in the backfield I think that Atlanta has been one of the of the most underrated teams in the NFL this season, by myself included.

This game is going to be a battle of if the Giants can be healthy, and get to the Matt Ryan. I think if that Falcons offensive line can keep Ryan safe then this team is going to make some great plays. If Eli gets that much time there's still the chance that he's going to throw some interceptions, but Ryan will make the best out of what he's given.

I like Atlanta on the road 34-24

Pittsburgh at Denver

Big Ben might be hurt, and the Steelers themselves are very beat up on a whole, but this team still has a great defense. The Broncos are coming off of three consecutive losses and Tebow Time looks like its finally run its course. I think that even despite all of the injuries that have been plaguing the Steelers at the end of the season they could throw in a good amount of second string guys and they could still be successful.

I like the Steelers through and through on this one just because I've lost my faith in a Tim Tebow led offense. I think the weapons on either side of the ball that Pitt has are too great for this Broncos team to overcome.

Steelers win a mile high 28 - 14

No comments:

Post a Comment