So my first week with publicizing my picks went really well. I was confident in who I picked, and why I picked them for the most part, there were things I learned throughout the week that really made me sway towards one team over the other, especially after looking at certain offensive versus defensive tendencies, but I can't reveal all of my secrets. This is a weekly reflection that that I'll be putting up every week either Tuesday or Wednesday nights, pretty much just covering certain things that went against how I thought they would, my weekly record, my overall record, and my favorite play of the week. So without further hesitation, let's reflect.
Wrong picks:
This week I only got two picks wrong. The first of those was the Bills versus the Bengals. Not only did I pick the Bills, but I have them a huge victory, boy was I wrong. I stated the fact that rookies Dalton and Green probably weren't going to be that incredible against a defense that had just shut down Tom Brady and the Patriots the week before. Dalton surprised me a lot with his mobility outside of the pocket, making a few big plays including the his diving first down late in the fourth quarter. It wasn't the offense that really surprised me though, but the Bengals defense. I completely overlooked how solid they are, and how concrete of a force they were, including the brick wall they put in front of Fred Jackson. Cincinnati's defense is something to remember in future weeks.
Next was my pick of Minnesota over Kansas City. I again made one really bold prediction here saying Adrian Peterson was going to go off and have a huge day. Kansas City's defense stopped him, McNabb, and the entire Vikings offense making me look pretty foolish. McNabb has really disappointed me so far this year, and he's really making me question picking the Vikings for any game that he starts. On the other side of the ball Dwayne Bowe has been stepping it up the past couple of weeks now as he and Matt Cassel finally look like they're falling back into form. Maybe just some lockout rust? We'll see.
Things to look forward to:
Some big rivalries this week. The Jets at the Patriots where they've lost real big the last few times in New England. Cam Newton and his Panthers will be playing host to Drew Brees and the Saints in a clash of a past and future Superbowl MVP, yeah, I said it. Indy looks for their first win versus a Kansas City team that might be piecing together their broken puzzle. And Chicago adventures to what is sure to be a LOUD Ford Field.
Player's I'd keep my eyes on this week are Fred Jackson versus Philadelphia's horrible rush defense, the battle of rookie Quarterbacks in Dalton vs. Gabbert, Hasselbeck versus a beat up Steelers defense, B.J Raji to get through and pummel Matt Ryan a few times, and the entire Detroit Lions defensive line as they keep Cutler looking worried.
Week 4 Record: 14-2 87.5%
Overall Record: 14-2 87.5%
My Favorite Play of the Week:
Every Sunday night my roommates and I go out for wings, drinks, and football. This past week as we sat down and watched the Ravens give the ball to the Jets for the first time, I looked around the table and said "Sanchez will throw a pick this drive." Although I wasn't quite right, something equally as big and exciting happened.
If there's one thing I love more than anything else in football it's heavy blitz packages. Thank you Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, and Jameel McClain for an incredible first defensive play against the Jets.
That's it for this weeks reflection, if you guys want to see something else added let me know, I'm open to suggestions. If you like this, if you don't, or anything else just drop a comment. I'll be putting my picks up by Friday night, there's just a little more to be broken down before I can commit to anything concrete.
Footballs just three and a half days away.
No comments:
Post a Comment