Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week 11 - 1 O'Clock Games

Carolina at Detroit

If you’ve been following my blog, and reading what I’ve got to say each week then you know I’m a fan of Cam Newton. I think Cam is already a great player, and he’s just going to keep on getting better. However, this week Cam Newton is going up against a team that is already great. The young Matt Stafford is already playing very well, and with the offensive weapons that the Lions have I see them running wild all over a weak Carolina defense. Detroit has playmakers on both sides of the ball, and with Calvin Johnson holding down the fort on the offensive and Ndamukong Suh beasting through any offensive wall thrown in front of him, I don’t see how Detroit loses this one.

Detroit wins at home 31-21

Oakland at Minnesota

Oakland pulled out a good win last week and completely surprised me as Michael Bush ran wild all over the Chargers defense. Apparently this Oakland team is just breeding running backs right now, and whether its Michael Bush or Darren McFadden back there they aren’t afraid to jam the ball up the gut. Carson Palmer gives the team some confidence through the air even though he has been throwing interceptions he still has the mental capability to get over the few mistakes he does have. Minnesota is coming off of a savage beating courtesy of undefeated Green Bay. Although the Vikings are playing at home, and they’ve got some great threats with Peterson running and Jared Allen taking out any opposing quarterback, I just have a gut feeling that it’s not enough this week.

The Raiders win 28-17


Dallas at Washington

Dallas made Buffalo look silly last week. Romo was on fire to start the game, and DeMarco Murray continues to be a surprise breakout player. The rookie runningback out of Oklahoma has run for over 600 yards in the last four games, with his lowest yards per carry average during that span coming in at a 6.3 against the Seahawks. I think DeMarco is one of the biggest surprises to come out midseason, and going up against Washington it’s just going to keep on getting better. The Redskins give up an average of 4.3 yards per carry to opposing running backs, and I think this is Murray’s game from the get go. Romo is going to excel with a new running game dominating the Cowboys attack.

Dallas wins 38-10

Buffalo at Miami

This is an intriguing match-up. Buffalo started the season incredibly hot, and they looked like they were going to be a force to be reckoned with in the AFC East. Since then the Bills have cooled off. They haven’t been forcing the turnovers they were early on in the season, and their offensive attack has dwindled. The Dolphins have been exactly the opposite. They started their season cold, and I mean ice cold. But since their bye week it looks as if the Dolphins have figured something out. Their offense has been putting up some very nice numbers from none other than Matt Moore under center, and Reggie Bush finally playing like a first round pick after half a dozen years in the league. This is one of those must win games for Buffalo though, and I don’t think they take the fish lightly. I think Fred Jackson and Fitzpatrick come in this one to play, and the Bills defense starts getting the ball back.

Buffalo takes one at Miami 24-13


Jacksonville at Cleveland

I’m not a big fan of either of these teams. I think Blaine Gabbert could eventually be good. I think Maurice Jones-Drew is a great running back, but he’s plagued by the fact that the entire offense rests on his short shoulders. The Jags defense isn’t anything spectacular as they give up an average of 4.8 yards to opposing offenses per play. I think that Cleveland is even worse though. They do very little every game. Occasionally either of these teams will do something out of the ordinary, but for the most part I don’t have high expectations for either of these teams for a year or two, but definitely not during this game. I think it comes down to the point that the Jags have the best player on the field in MJD and he carries the ball for victory

Jaguars win at Cleveland 17-9

Cincinnati at Baltimore

The Bengals have really grown on me this year. I respect their system quite a bit more, and I love the potential that the franchise now has for years down the road. Dalton and Green have given the team a revitalization that they have truly needed, while their defense continues to make some pretty big plays. Baltimore on the other hand seems to choose the games that they want to come out and play for. The Ravens continue to win against the big teams, the games that they “need” to win, but they also continue to lose against the teams that they are supposed to roll over. Luckily for Ravens fans this week Cincy is one of those games that they need to win, and Baltimore always seems to show up for these ones.

Somehow the Ravens pull one out 24-21

Tampa Bay at Green Bay

Tampa is put in a hard place. They’ve taken major hits to their defensive line, and their incredibly young offense seems to be showing its inexperience this season. The biggest thing in this game is going to be if this beaten and battered Buccaneers defensive front can get any pressure on the incredible Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers has done phenomenal things all season, and if he has time to sit in the pocket and not need to worry about the rush then it’s going to be just that much better. In a battle of the bays I don’t see just how Tampa could plan on pulling this one off. Green Bay is just too good right now to be slowed down by this young Tampa team.

Green Bay wins another 35-24

No comments:

Post a Comment