Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week 11 - 4 O'Clock Games

Seattle at St. Louis

This is another one of those games that I’m not really excited for. Seattle is a huge let down. I didn’t have high expectations for them going into this season, but I also didn’t believe that they were going to be just this bad. Jackson and Rice and the transplanted Vikings combination hasn’t been enough to give this offense the kick it needs. Marshawn Lynch shows up every now and then to play, but he isn’t consistent enough. The Rams on the other side of the ball have one player that I absolutely love to watch run the ball in Steven Jackson. Year after year Jackson takes hit after hit and tries his hardest to bring this Rams franchise back to where it once was. The man just never quits. I think this is Jackson’s game to run with, and I think he does it well.

Jackson and the Rams win 24-16


Arizona at San Francisco

Arizona hasn’t done much to impress me this season. I thought Kolb was before getting hurt, and although this Skelton kid has had a couple of decent plays he’s nothing spectacular. Unfortunately for this rundown Cardinals team they are going up against arguably one of the best teams in the NFL this week as they walk on to a field armed with barbarians like Frank Gore and Patrick Willis. These two men would absolutely scare the hell out of me if I were to ever see either of them running at me with their shoulders lowered. Gore does it to get his team points, Willis does it to get his team the ball, and they both do it well. Very well.

The 49ers are too good winning 28-10

Tennessee at Atlanta

Chris Johnson finally showed up to run this ball last week for just the second time this season CJ hit the century mark. This is the same guy that got 2000 yards from scrimmage a couple of years ago? I don’t see it. Yeah so Chris had his second good game of the season, he should have been having these games all year long. Going up against this Atlanta team is going to be tough this week, too. Atlanta has a lot to answer for, to both their fans and football analysts everywhere. Atlanta went for it on 4th and 1 in overtime against the Saints deep in their own territory. Do I blame them? Not one bit. They have Michael Turner, one of the absolute best running backs in the league right now, a running back that averages 4.4 yards a carry. I’d give him the ball ten times out of ten right there, especially knowing you’ve got Drew Brees waiting on the other side waiting to get back in. I agree with the Atlanta call, and I expect them to come out playing angry.

Atlanta defends themselves and rebounds with a big win 31-17


San Diego at Chicago

I’m over the Chargers. Every now and then I hold on to a team for too long because of how they should be playing, instead of how they are. Rivers is just not on lately, and the Chargers continue to do little things wrong that give the other team the game. Going into Chicago the Chargers are going to need to do everything right to stand a chance. Jay Cutler may not be the best quarterback in the league right now, but he does have one of the guys that I think is one of the best offensive players in the league standing with him – Matt Forte. Forte continues to dominate in every aspect of the game offensively, and if Michael Bush was allowed to run for well over one hundred yards last week I can only imagine what Forte is going to do.

Chicago wins this one 30-16

No comments:

Post a Comment