Thursday, October 4, 2012

Week 5 - Thursday Night Football

Cardinals (4-0) at Rams (2-2)

It's a battle of two teams that have surprised me in the first quarter of their 2012 seasons. Arizona has looked better than anyone gave them credit for, starting off with a perfect 4-0 record. Kolb has come in and caused a lot of chaos for opposing defensive coordinators with a very smooth and fluid passing attack week in and week out. The games haven't been solely resting on Larry Fitzgeralds shoulders either, which is a huge break for the Cardinals finally having the rest of their offense helping Larry out. The big shocker is the Cardinals defense. They've been holding teams to just 15.2 points per game, which is the third best in the NFL. Key turnovers and big plays have been their bread and butter, despite being 17th with yards allowed.

The Rams might not be better than everyone thought that they would be, but they are definitely better than I thought they would be. I guess I forgot that Bradford was a decent quarterback with his injury plagued body and abyssmal offensive line. Again its been their defense that has made the plays and kept them alive in the two games that they have won early on. Last week they picked off rookie Russell Wilson three times securing the 19-13 win. They may not be the most explosive team on either side of the ball, but early on they have been consistent and they could pose a threat to knocking Arizona down with their first loss.

I have to give it to Arizona. Kolb's been great since he's subbed in for Skelton. He's lead the team on some impressive drives where no one thought he was going to play a down this season. While both defenses are very good, I think Arizona's offense is just a score better.

Cardinals 20 - Rams 16

No comments:

Post a Comment