Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week 8 - 1 O'Clock Games

Patriots (4-3) at Rams (3-4) (In London)

In a game in London where no team is truly a home team I think things go pretty much in the better teams favor. The Patriots and Tom Brady still have a lot to prove this season and I think beating a good Rams defense could send a message.

Patriots 27 - Rams 21

Panthers (1-5) at Bears (5-1)

The Panthers and Cam Newton have been having a bad year and it's not about to get any easier. The Bears are possibly the best team in the league and I love Jay Cutler throwing to Brandon Marshall. I think these two teams both continue to go in their directions.

Panthers 17 - 24

Chargers (3-3) at Browns (1-6)

The Chargers are a good team and they do have a lot of potential to be a great team this season, but so far they haven't done too much to prove it. The Browns on the other hand have been even worse. They have Trent Richardson, and Wheeden has been looking better, but I still think they are too inexperienced to make a real dent in the league.

Chargers 20 - Browns 17

Seahawks (4-3) at Lions (2-4)

The Seahawks started the season really well, but I think they're abut to hit a pretty big downward spiral. They have some good players, and their defense has been impressive, but I think it's about to start crumbling. The Lions are the opposite, I think they're about to take off. They hit pretty much rock bottom last week, but they have the players to turn the season around. I think it starts this week at home after a terrible showing on Monday night.

Seahawks 16 - Lions 24

Jaguars (1-5) at Packers (4-3)

The Jaguars are not good. They don't have a potent attack, and they have a soft defense. This week they are also missing their only real player in Maurice Jones-Drew. The Packers have everything that a team does need to win, and I think they bring the house at home and teach a bad team a lesson.

Jaguars 10 - Packers 35

Colts (3-3) at Titans (3-4)

The Colts and Andrew Luck have been about two games better than I expected early this year. They've actually surprised a few teams and came out to play when I didn't expect them to do much at all. The Titans are pretty much right on pace with that same line of thought. With Chris Johnson reemerging as a dangerous player this team could get good again. I like the rookie Luck in this one though, leading his team to a winning record.

Colts 21 - Titans 17

Dolphins (3-3) at Jets (3-4)

I think the Dolphins are one of the biggest surprises early in the season and Reggie Bush might be the surprise player to date. The Jets are just about where I expected them to be, just a mess with no real direction or place to land. Rex Ryan has lost control of the ship and Tim Tebow might have to be thrown overboard soon. With the Dolphins breathing down their neck I think the cracks are just getting bigger in the Jets foundation.

Dolphins 24 - Jets 17

Falcons (6-0) at Eagles (3-3)

The Falcons are the best team in the NFL right now hands down. Matt Ryan and friends can be dangerous on any play, and they are going to put up big numbers. Their defense forces turnovers and holds big plays in check. The Eagles on the other hand have been a pretty big letdown. Vick has been far from good, and the lack of LeSean McCoy has been surprising. Reid might be 13-0 off of bye weeks in his career, but I think that streaks about to come to an end.

Falcons 31 - Eagles 21

Redskins (3-4) at Steelers (3-3)

The Redskins and RG3 have looked good. They've had some bad breaks here and there, and some defensive woes have befuddled them here and there, but they are still a good team. I think they are about to show Pittsburgh how good they can be too. Pittsburgh isn't the same team that they used to be with an ailing defense. Their offense might be better than it has been in years, but their defense is lacking in a lot of key areas.

Washington 21 - Pittsburgh 20


No comments:

Post a Comment