Sunday, December 18, 2011

Week 15 - 4 O'Clock

Detroit at Oakland

Detroit is still a team that I think is great. Calvin Johnson may not have caught a touchdown for a few weeks now, but I think he will get at least one in this game. The return of Suh is going to be probably the biggest exclamation point of the day for the Lions and we will remember how big of an impact he can make against any given team. On Thanksgiving the Lions were giving the Packers a pretty good run, until Suh got ejected and then it all fell apart. Suh brings dominance to the table, and against a struggling Palmer it could spell disaster for the Raiders.

Detroit wins on the road 35-21

Cleveland at Arizona

Cleveland is a team that I’ve completely lost hope in. They don’t have a running game this year, and they haven’t had a passing game all season. Now with Colt McCoy out with a concussion they Browns are going to be relying on their backup Seneca Wallace. If Wallace hasn’t been able to beat out Colt for the starting job this is going to be ugly. Skelton has led the Cardinals to some pretty nice wins, and with Beanie Wells in the backfield, and Larry Fitzgerald running any route its not hard to see why. As long as all of these guys play their games right the Cardinals should be fine.

Arizona 21 Cleveland 10


New York Jets at Philadelphia

I don’t think Mark Sanchez is a great quarterback. I think Sanchez has a cast of great players around him that can sometimes make him look much better than he actually is. The receiving core in place is surprisingly good, and running backs like Tomlinson and Greene can make any offense look a lot better than it really is. The best thing the Jets have going for them is their defense, and they are going up against one tough offense. The Eagles are dangerous. They’ve got a wide variety of plays they can throw at you through a stellar running game, a great passing game, and a quarterback that can keep the ball himself. Although the Jets defense has been good, I think LeSean McCoy is going to open up and exploit this them, and then Vick is going to throw it over the top through some nice play action passes.

Philly enjoys a win at home 34-20


New England at Denver

I’m sick of the Tebow talk and I’m glad that it is finally going to get a good stomping this week. If you look at the teams Tim Tebow has played, the only one that has been truly good was the Detroit Lions who beat them 42-10. Now I think that the Patriots offense is better than the Lions offense, and I think that they’re defenses are actually pretty comparable. Tebow has been glorified by a fairly weak schedule, and a great defense that is taking weak offenses and holding them to low points. Don’t get me wrong, what Tebow has done in the last quarter of almost every game has been incredible, but I just feel like the one good team he played against he got walloped, and I think that is what is going to finally happen again here.

Patriots win 31-13

No comments:

Post a Comment