Miami at New England
I think this game is going to be a lot closer than a lot of people are expecting. The Dolphins have been hot over these past few weeks and Reggie Bush had over 200 rushing last week against Buffalo. This game could be dangerous for the Patriots, who have lost to the Dolphins a number of times in December in years past. Gronkowski and the Patriots don’t look at history though, they’ll come out and play their best, and I think their best is better than anyone else in the AFC right now. I think it’s going to be close, but with Tom Brady I like the Patriots.
Pats win 31-24
Jacksonville at Tennessee
Jacksonville is riding the shoulders of Maurice Jones-Drew for as far as they can this season, the rest of their offense and defense hasn’t done anything that great, and really nothing to mention. Tennessee sometimes can rely on Hasselbeck and other times can rely on Chris Johnson but it has become very inconsistent. I think the fact that the Jags have a player that they can funnel things through actually gives them the edge here. Tennessee could be angry, being the first team to lose to the Colts all year, but I think that anger isn’t going to do too much and is actually going to hurt them more than help them.
MJD and the Jaguars win on the road 21-16
New York Giants at New York Jets
Both of these teams look like they’ve lost their way. I think that the Giants defense, although pretty beat up, is good enough to cause some damage against an ailing Jets offense. Sanchez hasn’t done too much lately, and I think that players are finally starting to figure out that this offense really isn’t all that great. As long as the Giants pass rush can get to Sanchez I think that the Jets aren’t going to have much hope. With Nicks, Manningham and Cruz on there for the offense sets in the Giants offense I think that they should be able to have some big plays over the Jets defense too.
Giants win on the road at home 27-17
Tampa Bay at Carolina
A few weeks ago I said that Tampa Bay was battling against the Panthers to determine that they weren’t the worst team in the NFC South. I was wrong. The Panthers have proven at least to me that they are the number three team in that division. The Buccaneers with guys like Blount and Freeman do have a very strong future, but this year just hasn’t been their year. I think Cam Newton, DeAngelo Williams, and Steve Smith have a field day over this secondary and walk away victorious.
Panthers win 31-21
St. Louis at Pittsburgh
Again, I can talk about St. Louis ailing offense, or how bad their defense is, but it’s just old news. If the Rams want to win there is one man that needs to get the ball or be involved at least half of the plays and that is Steven Jackson. The Rams need to use him as much as possible. The Steelers may be a beat up offense, but they still have one of the better defenses in the league, and with a bad Rams offense this game shouldn’t be all that difficult to handle.
Steelers rebound and win 21-13
Cleveland at Baltimore
Cleveland has a pretty good defense this year, and it looks like Peyton Hillis is waking up for these last few weeks which could spell trouble for whatever defense start to get in the Browns way. Cleveland has the potential to be good in the next few years, especially with the Ravens and the Steelers both getting older, but this year still belongs to those two. Joe Flacco is going to need to get a lot better very quickly if he wants to close out this season and have a good playoff run, Ray Rice can only do so much. I think it’s the Ravens defense that wins this one in a low scoring affair.
Ravens win 17-13
Arizona at Cincinnati
Arizona has looked too questionable for too long. I’ve liked them in some games because I figured they would go down to the wire and the Cardinals have been exceptional in clutch situations this year. But I think despite how good they’ve been with the game on the line late, they aren’t going to have that opportunity against the Bengals. Cincinnati is too good on both sides of the ball right now, and I think that Green and Dalton are going to both have big days. The scariest thing about the Bengals is their balance of attack. They’ll hit you with a fifty yard bomb to Green and the next three plays let Benson rush it up the gut. The Bengals are good this year.
Cincy wins 28-17
Minnesota at Washington
Minnesota is an odd team. Adrian Peterson is amazing when he plays, and he always elevates the team to a new level, but he can only do so much for that franchise. I think that the Vikings still have some great players on offense, but lately they just aren’t doing everything they need to be doing as a complete team. Washington may be beat up, but they are figuring some things out. I like Grossman and I really like Santana Moss. I think Grossman is going to come out firing here today, and I think it’s going to pay off and pave the way for some big rushing yards for Helu in the second half.
Washington wins at home 27-20
Denver at Buffalo
Tebow time only exists when the Broncos play mediocre teams. Good news for Denver fans is that the majority of the teams that they play are all mediocre teams. I think that once the Broncos organization takes the reins off of Tebow and they start letting him go for those big throws earlier in the game then the Denver Broncos are finally going to be a team that can beat some of the better ones, but they’ve got this safety net on him and it’s killing them against teams like the Lions and Patriots. Buffalo has some deep threats, some great players, and a secondary that early in the year was considered one of the better ones, lately though none of this has really shown up. I think the Bills are spent after having such a good first half, and they’re going to continue to fall.
Tebow Time wins over another mediocre team 20-17
Oakland at Kansas City
Oakland is beat up. McFadden is still out with a foot injury, and now Michael Bush is listed as questionable with a beat up shoulder. They have Carson Palmer who has been an anomaly coming in late in this season, and they just look like they are a very beat up team right now. Kansas City just beat a team that was 13-0 and their spirits have to be soaring. The team is fighting for interim head coach Romeo Crennel, and a couple of wins over these last two weeks could land him the job. I think the defensive line that the Chiefs have with Tamba Hali leading the charge is a vicious one, and if they get to Palmer enough it is going to lead the way for a little winning streak for this Kansas City team.
Kansas City takes two in a row 21-17
No comments:
Post a Comment