Steelers (0-0) at Broncos (0-0)
The Steelers are going to be missing a lot of key players for this prime time match up. Their starting safety is out, it looks like their line backer core is going to be depleted, Mendenhall isn’t going to be playing, and Mike Wallace held out and is still learning the play book. Despite this the Steelers still have a chip on their shoulder after how last season ended. Big Ben and friends had a very good potential for going deep into the playoffs, and in came Tim Tebow and the Broncos and stomped out any dreams that the Steelers had. Antonio Brown has looked more than great throughout the preseason, and I still think Big Ben is going to have a number of good games this season no matter who he’s got to distribute the ball to.
The Broncos won the Peyton Manning lottery and look like their offense could erupt at any minute. The question everyone is asking is how long is Peyton going to remain healthy? I hope he stays up and healthy and keeps playing all season. I missed his commercials last season, and Eli was a horrible replacement on Saturday Night Live. Thomas and Decker are both in great positions to have break out seasons, and with an aging McGahee in the backfield the emergence of an actual quarterback in Denver is going to put a little more spring in his step.
Earlier in the week I was all for Pittsburgh winning this matchup. If I was writing this on Wednesday night it would have been the Steelers all the way. But for some reason my gut is now leading me to go with Peyton and take the chance on the young receivers and strong defense that carried Tebow through so many games to end last year. So why not gut? I’m feeding you nachos tomorrow, so don’t let me down.
Steelers 20 – Broncos 24
No comments:
Post a Comment