Redskins (1-0) at Rams (0-1)
Robert Griffin the Third was the most entertaining player I saw in week one. He took a team that nobody expected to win down into quite possibly the loudest stadium in the game and proceeded to pick apart a dominant NFL Contender. Alfred Morris looked great, Pierre Garcon put some moves on, and the defense did their part. The Rams put up a pretty good fight against the Lions, but that might have been their best game of the season and they wasted it in a loss. Steven Jackson can still move the chains, but I like this new "Griffining" thing and how it's being called the new "Tebowing." Maybe some people will start watching real football again.
Redskins 27 - Rams 21
Cowboys (1-0) at Seahawks (0-1)
I like the Seahawks. I don't like the Cowboys. But that's just personal. As long as the Cowboys can continue to employ three receivers and DeMarco Murray they are going to win games. Choosing who to defend on that offense is like playing Russian Roulette, except there are five bullets - Bryant, Austin, Witten, Murray, and whatever third slot receiver they put out there (Ogletree for now,) and there's one empty chamber, Tony Romo. I still don't trust that he's the right QB for the Cowboys in the long run. He'll be good up until maybe week twelve, but it'll just be same old Romo eventually. Fortunately for Jerry Jones his team gets to play the Seahawks, and some birds can be taken out with just one bullet.
Cowboys 27 - Seahawks 13
Jets (1-0) at Steelers (0-1)
So I'm mad at the Steelers. I really want to pick them, and despite what I'm about to do I hope they win, but with their two defensive cornerstones sitting out I just don't know how to pick them. I'm also hoping that maybe my bad luck continues with this pick and the Jets do lose. Unfortunately I think the Jets somehow are going to win. Why? Not because they're anything spectacular. I just think Pittsburgh is just in a funk right now and it's going to take a week or two to wake up. Luckily for Rex Ryan's Jets they get to take advantage of a banged up Steelers team and keep building some momentum early in the season. I just hope the train wreck on the other end is going to be worth it.
Jets 24 - Steelers 20
Titans (0-1) at Chargers (1-0)
Chris Johnson ran for four yards last week. That's really all I have to say on that matter. I don't think it's foretelling of his season, but as a New England Native I just feel it's something I need to remind people of. Kenny Britts back though, and no matter what quarterback is throwing to him that's a huge addition. With both Matthews and Gates questionable for the game it could actually swing in Tennessee's favor. I just can't pick against the Chargers right now though. I think Rivers is going to have a monstrous year, and it's going to really pick up in this one.
Titans 16 - Chargers 28
No comments:
Post a Comment