Patriots (1-2) at Bills (2-1)
The Patriots haven't had a losing record in years, and they arguably should have at least had a review on the way the game ended last week. Tom Brady is going to be missing a lot of key components to his offense this week, and it is probably going to mean a very different looking Patriots offense than we are used to. I think Ridley is going to have a week one like performance and guys like Welker, Woodhead, and Edelman or going to explode with quick slants and screen routes. The Bills and Mario Williams have made it known that all they want to do is get to Brady. Their defensive scheme this week is going to be how quickly can we take down Sir Thomas. On offense they have a banged up running game despite being deep at that position, and their wide receivers are probably going to have to do the majority of moving the ball. Against a not so great secondary it could pose for a favorable match up for the Bills. I don't think the Pats have it in themselves to lose three games in a row, I expect a pretty monstrous turn around for the rest of the year.
Patriots 27 - Bills 17
Panthers (1-2) at Falcons (3-0)
Cam's sophomore slump is going to continue against one of the best defensive teams in the league. If the Panthers running game can turn into what it is supposed to be this week then maybe they will stand a better chance, but even with a decent run game the Falcons defense is very good this year. On top of that Atlanta's offense might be the in the league. With Roddy, Julio, and Turner all running rampant over the Panthers defense even if this game does turn into a shootout I don't know how anyone would expect Carolina to win.
Carolina 16 - Atlanta 31
Vikings (2-1) at Lions (1-2)
The Vikings had a great win last week against a team that I was calling the best in the league. Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson are leading the Vikings to a great start of the year, and their defense is holding teams in check to a pretty surmountable number of points. The Lions have been up and down early this year. Last week they almost had one of the best comebacks in recent memory, but fell short. I think that Detroit is still better than most people are giving them credit for, but maybe not as good as I was saying early this season. Despite that I still think Megatron, Stafford, and a plethora of other offensive options are going to be too much for the Vikings defense to stifle.
Vikings 23 - Lions 30
Chargers (2-1) at Chiefs (1-2)
The Chargers got destroyed last week. Granted they went up against a team that is probably the most well rounded in the league this early on in the Falcons. The Chargers just looked miserable. If Ryan Matthews can stay healthy and hold onto the ball they could have some good field marching drives and possibly put up a good number of points. I think rolling with last week though the Chiefs are going to roll into Arrowhead with a new found confidence and Jamaal Charles is going to have all the confidence that a running back needs to continue pushing forward. He won't go for 233 again this week, although he obviously has it in him, I wouldn't be surprised for 125 total yards and a couple of touchdowns against this Chargers defense. I like the Chiefs to push upwards, while the Chargers drop their second straight.
Chargers 20 - Chiefs 27
Seahawks (2-1) at Rams (1-2)
I like Seattle. They have one of the most underrated defenses in the NFL and they have a young offense that is doing what they need to do to keep their team in the game. They did have the most controversial win that I have ever witnessed, but I still think that they are going to surprise a lot more teams this season. St. Louis is a team that I have no real confidence in. They can put up a big play here or a big play there, and their defense is decent, but I just think they are outmatched in too many phases of the game.
Seahawks 20 - Rams 13
49ers (2-1) at Jets (2-1)
I still think the 49ers are a top five team in the league despite their loss to the Vikings last week. They have one of the most dominant runners in the game with Frank Gore and a very deep group of wide receivers that can all make some pretty big plays happen on any down. The Jets are giving up 150 rushing yards a week and now with Gore coming into town that number probably isn't going to do anything but increase. Revis is out, and now their defense is going to start floundering.
49ers 24 - Jets 13
Titans (1-2) at Texans (3-0)
The Titans may have had a big overtime win last week, but I still find them to be underwhelming. With Kenny Britt out of the game it just continues to bring their offense down while their defense is something that still doesn't prove to do much week after week. The Texans are right up their with Atlanta as maybe the best team in the league. With running backs Arian Foster and Ben Tate, and Andre Johnson leading a group of gifted receivers its hard to find a better offense. Their defense is lead by a group of young guys that are all playing out of their minds and wreaking havoc on the opposition. Unless Chris Johnson can go off for the Titans, I don't see this game being close.
Titans 17 - Texans 35
No comments:
Post a Comment