Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 3 - 1 O'Clock Games


Chiefs (0-2) at Saints (0-2)

This is a battle of two teams that were looking like they were going to start their seasons much better than this. The Chiefs got healthy and got everyone into camp. They were looking like they could be an AFC South Powerhouse. They haven’t done a thing. The Saints were hoping the scandal wasn’t going to affect them as much as it has, they were going to put it behind them and be one of the most dominant teams in the face of adversity. That hasn’t happened. I think the Saints overcome all of their offseason demons and start to right their ship.

Chiefs 17 – Saints 31

Rams (1-1) at Bears (1-1)

I may have jumped on the BEARWagon a bit too soon in some people’s eyes, but I’m not jumping off yet. I still think Cutler can put up big numbers, and I still think Marshall is going to have a great year. Forte out hurts, but this is why the signed Michael Bush. The Rams defense has looked surprisingly good over the first two weeks, and if they can take advantage of the porous Bears offensive line then maybe they can do as well as the Packers did. I don’t see the Bears walking off the field defeated this week though, not after how mad they must be about their implosion last week.

Rams 21 – Bears 27


Bills (1-1) at Browns (0-2)

Spiller went off last week. Was I surprised? Yes and no. He’s always had the hopes of being a great player, and he’s showed flashes of brilliance, but he’s just never really come into his own in the NFL. It looks like with Fred Jackson going down Spiller is trying to seize his opportunity and become the every down back Buffalo fans were hoping he would be. The Browns offense doesn’t look like its anything special, but they do have Trent Richardson. Despite a quiet week one he seemed to turn on the jets for week two and have an early breakout game. If that continues he is going to have a very dominant career. In a battle of the running backs I think Spiller takes it, and I think the Bills follow his lead.

Bills 20 – Browns 17

Buccaneers (1-1) at Cowboys (1-1)

The Buccaneers have looked surprisingly good so far this year. Freeman and Williams have looked like they’re rekindling an old flame. The rush and pass defense have both looked pretty good, too. As much as I hate the Cowboys I still believe that they are going to be a pretty big force for at least the foreseeable future. They may have gotten beaten up by a good Seattle defense, but I don’t think that’s something that’s going to consistently happen.

Buccaneers 20 – Cowboys 24

Lions (1-1) at Titans (0-2)

The Lions have one of the most explosive teams on either side of the ball. Explosive because they can make big plays at any given moment, explosive because they can erupt into chaos and lose yard after yard in penalties. This game is going to depend on the pass rush. Can they continue to hold Chris Johnson to under fifty yards? If he can bust out and finally have a big game then maybe the Titans will stand a chance today. I still think that the Lions have the edge here.

Lions 21 – Titans -17

Jaguars (0-2) at Colts (1-0)

Again, if this team was just Maurice Jones-Drew then the Jaguars would stand a chance. But it’s not. Everyone on the Jags has to play, and that is just going to continue to hurt Jacksonville. The Colts and Andrew Luck are slowly but surely coming together. With a competent defensive line, and a young quarterback that is clearly one of the smartest rookies we’ve seen in a while I think that the Colts stand a good chance at getting their second win of the season.

Jaguars 13 – Colts 20

Jets (1-1) at Dolphins (1-1)

I still don’t believe in the Jets. Why I picked them last week I have no idea. I jumped on the immediate reaction to so many teams and the Jets were definitely one of them. Tebow is a huge detriment to their team and he’s causing more trouble than he is good. The Dolphins and Reggie Bush might be a surprise as much as I thought they would be one of the worst teams in the league. Somehow I think they pull this one off and put a little shock into the AFC East.

Jets 17 – Dolphins 24

49ers (2-0) at Vikings (1-1)

The 49ers are the best team in the league, no doubt about it. With Gore still being a beast, a deep group of wide receivers, and Alex Smith continuing to prove doubters wrong. They have the best defense in the league, and all around they are just a dominant unstoppable force. The Vikings are still in a rebuilding mode. In a few years they’re going to be really good again, but for now they are just going to pull out a few wins here and there. Against the best team in the league I don’t see Adrian Peterson pulling his troops far enough for the win on this one.

49ers 31 – Vikings 17

Bengals (1-1) at Redskins (1-1)

Andy Dalton and AJ Green alongside Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis can be a dangerous offense. Their defense is pretty strong, and all around they are a mediocre to good team after their first two games. I think by the end of the year they are going to turn some heads in the NFC North. The Redskins have proven that they can beat great teams, and lose to bad teams through two games under RG3. I think the youth of the team has a lot of growing up to do, and as good as RG3 is he can only do so much.

Bengals 30 – Redskins 27

No comments:

Post a Comment